Celebrity Chefs Ted Allen, Jose Garces and Michael Isabella to host Philadelphia Food & Wine Festival October 21-23, 2011
Eat, drink and shop at this year's Philadelphia Food & Wine Festival featuring more than 200 hundred stations showcasing the finest foods, wines, ales, liquors and more from world renowned restaurants and brands, culinary demonstrations by celebrity chefs, beer and wine seminars that will both educate and delight, and more to be held at the Valley Forge Convention Center, from October 21st through October 23rd, 2011.
Showcasing an array of national and local culinary talent including Jose Garces, Winner of the Food Network's show "Iron Chef America," Bravo's "Top Chef All Stars" Finalist, Mike Isabella, and Ted Allen, Host of the hit Food Network show "Chopped."
Some of the highlights include:
• Grand Market, the focal point of the event featuring three days of a tasting frenzy. Stroll the aisles and sample food and wine from local, regional and national Food Purveyors.
• New VIP Cocktail Party at the Bahama Breeze on Saturday, October 22nd at 7:00 pm. Meet and mingle with the chefs while you enjoy complimentary beer, wines, and hors d'oeuvres.
• Chefs on Stage series featuring Ted Allen, Mike Isabella, and Iron Chef Jose Garces.
• Live culinary demonstrations throughout the three-day festival from national and local culinary talent hosted by guest emcee Chef Guy Mitchell.
• Special appearance by legendary Alaskan Crabber Russell Newberry of "Dangerous Deckhands."
• Taste of Italy Pavilion featuring a wide variety of fine wines to sample; a succulent feast of cheeses, olives, oils, and breads direct from Italy; and Philadelphia area restaurants presenting their own signature Italian dishes.
• Wine Seminars by wine expert Phil Silverstein.
• Beer Seminars by award winning author and host of Still Crazy after All These Beers, Gary Monterosso.
The Festival runs from:
Friday, October 21st from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday, October 22nd from 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday, October 23rd from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Tickets are available starting at only $30 in advance ($40 at the door). Children 6-12 are $5. Children under 6 are free.
Seminars, Chefs on Stage series and VIP Cocktail Party are additional.
Tickets for all events can be purchased online at: www.gourmetshows.com/philly2011/index.html.